Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let's try this for 2011

Hey everyone!
Finding a time to get together for book group has become increasingly difficult. Let's try having an online book group. Anyone can be a part of this- in fact, the more, the merrier! This way, you can comment at any time on any book or you can even skip a book if you just didn't have time to read it. For those people in the Denver area, we can pick a date to meet just to meet but all of the "business" will happen online.

This is how it might look- we'll vote on book choices and set up the reading list for the next month or so (hopefully by January 15th) Start reading the book and try to finish by the end of the month. (Let's pick a short book first) We'll post some questions to start the discussion and then we'll see what happens. Anyone can post or ask questions.

First let us know if you are interested in being a part of this. Then, send us a couple of book selections you might be interested in having the group read for the first couple months. We'll take a quick vote to get the first two books to start and then go from there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest 'Little Bee' or 'Sarah's Key'. Laurel bartow

Patty W. said...

Book suggestion: Ford County - a collection of short stories by John Grisham

c-wright said...

I love this idea and I already voted for a book. I just hope there will be plenty of time to get the books from the library as I don't buy book because I never re-read them.